I’ve lived in New England for my entire life, but I’m still not used to winter. Every year I’m surprised (and horrified!) by that first blast of winter, especially when it comes in November.
I’d like to share a few of my favorite items that are making the transition to winter a little warmer.
1. Fur-lined infinity cowl neck scarf (Gap – similar) I wear scarves year round, but this one is a cut above for winter. It’s cute and cozy, but not itchy AND I scored it for 50% off. …With my Gap Rewards it was practically free 🙂
2. I resisted getting UGGS for years, but once flip flops and flats were no longer an option – what else could I wear to chilly football practices, and morning school drop off? Now, I’m a believer – they are so warm and even pretty cute with skinnies. (UGGS Mini Bailey Button – Zappos)
*side note – how do you not love Zappos? Fantastic customer service, free, fast shipping both ways and their company CEO, Tony Hsieh (@zappos) is amazing and gave one of the most impactful speeches I’ve ever heard at a trade show I attended years ago.
3. Neutrogena Body Oil – THIS. IS. AMAZING. I have dry skin and I’ve tried pretty much every lotion and cream out there. This is a fantastic product – absorbs quickly, has a lovely subtle scent and keeps my skin soft all day.
4. Black Ankle Boots – (Boho boot by Boden) I looked for cute ankle boots for a long time before I found these. I was sold on the simple design and the wooden stacked heel. I really wanted to the cognac color, but they were sold out, so I went with the black and I’m glad I did. They add a little bit of edge to my otherwise classic, somewhat preppy style. Of course, I got them on sale and they look a lot more expensive than they were.
5. Dermologica MultiVitamin Power Firm eye cream – I’m usually more of a drug store girl when it comes to beauty products, but I got some sample of Dermologica products during my last facial – and WOW. This particular cream is worth the hefty price tag, so I decided to pay a little more to help stop the hands of father time.
And now for my wish list…
a. I’m a little obsessed with elbow patches – but I don’t own any…yet! Sequins or suede, either way I’m in. Check out my Pinterest Style Board to see what I’m drooling over. I really want a tweed blazer, but will settle for a cute sweater if I can find a good deal on that sooner rather than later. The one above is from Zara and it looks really cute online, but I need to see the buttons up close. For me it’s all about the details, and good buttons really matter.
b. I’m most partial to a good statement necklace, but sometimes they just seem a bit over the top for volunteering at my kids’ school. I’m in the market for a cute, delicate gold necklace – bonus points if they can be layered. For something like this, I always look to Etsy first. I’m loving the Kameli necklace from the kealohajewelry shop on Etsy – so charming.
c. I love bags, especially Kate Spade bags that I find on sale. It just makes me happy to get a great deal. I usually go for a pop of color with my bags since my wardrobe mainly consists of gray, navy and tan. But, I’m looking for something a little more neutral this season, so I’m thinking of gray, black or cognac. There is an amazing sale at Kate Spade today, but I’m not sure if I’m ready to buy just yet – I may take a quick spin through Nordstrom rack this afternoon since the sale doesn’t end until 11:59 tonight … We’ll see.
Let me know how you find warmth and style during the winter months!